Nautical maritime navigational maps and charts are not only useful to our sea worthy friends. They make for interesting do it yourself decorating ideas in your home as well.
Maps make for interesting wall art. Personally, I think they look great in any room of your home. Most would probably consider a den or family room. Many Nautical chart maps are colorful and interesting which provides a nice way to tie in any color scheme you decide to focus on. They also add texture and interest to a room.
Decorating with maps is inexpensive and fun.
LISTED ARE 14 CREATIVE DO-IT YOURSELF IDEAS TO DECORATE WITH MAPS
- Use it as wall paper – Apply with wall paper paste
- cover a garbage can – Apply using decoupage, once it’s dry, apply a decoupage sealant.
- Wrap around a lamp shade
- Cover books giving your bookshelf a stately feel
- Frame your favorite map and hang it
- Cover a headboard
- Map Spheres
- Re-purpose an old desk or table by covering the surface with maps.
- Decorate draw fronts
- Back Splash in a your kitchen or bathroom – Apply using wall paper paste, once dry, seal with polyurethane.
- French doors, cover the glass using maps for privacy
- Hat rack
- Room Divider
click here to see our selection of maps